Please support my 2015 BP MS150 ride!

Please support my 2015 BP MS150 ride!
click on the pic to donate to Andy

Credit

Although this blog was originally created by Andy Brickell and continues to be updated by him, the design and layout of the page is credited to his daughter, Mary-Claire Brickell. She's pretty awesome.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

fog on the Brazos

Off to Katy for a ride this morning, as I expected the reservoir to be flooded after all the rain last week. I ran into thick fog almost as soon as I got on the freeway, and it lasted all the way to Katy High school where I start the ride. The forecast called for a nice, warm day, so I expected the fog to burn off pretty quickly, and started out in shorts and jersey only. This outfit made for an uncomfortable first few miles, but after a while I more-or-less got used to it. I set out at a fairly hot pace, hoping to warm up, and kept it up for most of the ride. The last few miles were tough, as I was really feeling the cold and getting tired, too. One long section dead into the wind was particularly painful, and I was glad to get back to the car and pull on a sweater and long pants. The fog had persisted throughout the ride, and was only now starting to lift. Back home and into the shower, where I could finally feel the soles of my feet again. Ah, the joys of early season training.

No comments:

Bear Creek - Terry Hershey loop

Bear Creek - Terry Hershey loop

Daily commute to work

Daily commute to work
This isn't quite right but it's close. 9.5 miles, about 40 minutes.

Terry Hershey Park

Terry Hershey Park
10 miles of safe, paved cycling bliss - except for all the foot traffic

The Sealy ride

The Sealy ride
45 miles through very pretty Texas countryside. Looks benign but there's a very hilly section at mile 35.

The Katy ride

The Katy ride
It's on the Katy prairie - flat, flat, flat