Please support my 2015 BP MS150 ride!

Please support my 2015 BP MS150 ride!
click on the pic to donate to Andy

Credit

Although this blog was originally created by Andy Brickell and continues to be updated by him, the design and layout of the page is credited to his daughter, Mary-Claire Brickell. She's pretty awesome.

Friday, April 17, 2009

new boots and panties


The weather forecast for the ride is pretty bad.  Heavy rain and possible thunderstorms all the way to LaGrange tomorrow, then a dry ride to Austin on Sunday with a 15-20 mph headwind.  My wonderful, considerate spouse decided I needed better rain gear so she went to the local bike shop and bought me booties, waterproof overshoes for my cycling shoes, a bit like these.  She was going to buy me a new rain jacket too but they didn't have any.  What a sweetheart.

Today I'm at home, packing my bags and trying to get ready for the ride, physically and mentally.  This year I didn't get in as much road training as I'd like (I never do), at least in part because I lost a week or two due to bronchitis.  On the plus side, I went to spin class pretty regularly and I think that's helped my stamina quite a bit.  Anyway, too late to worry about it now.  My next ride will start in my garage and end in LaGrange, 100 miles and several inches of rain later.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Good Luck Andy be safe out there :)

Unknown said...

thanks! Sorry you're not here to watch the rain coming down -

Bear Creek - Terry Hershey loop

Bear Creek - Terry Hershey loop

Daily commute to work

Daily commute to work
This isn't quite right but it's close. 9.5 miles, about 40 minutes.

Terry Hershey Park

Terry Hershey Park
10 miles of safe, paved cycling bliss - except for all the foot traffic

The Sealy ride

The Sealy ride
45 miles through very pretty Texas countryside. Looks benign but there's a very hilly section at mile 35.

The Katy ride

The Katy ride
It's on the Katy prairie - flat, flat, flat