Please support my 2015 BP MS150 ride!

Please support my 2015 BP MS150 ride!
click on the pic to donate to Andy

Credit

Although this blog was originally created by Andy Brickell and continues to be updated by him, the design and layout of the page is credited to his daughter, Mary-Claire Brickell. She's pretty awesome.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

20 years of undiscovered incompetence

Today I received my 20-year service award (a Bose Wave radio/CD player!) at a meeting of the Geoscience team.  Only 2 months after the actual anniversary but better late than never.  I plan to use it at the office (discreetly, of course) but didn't have time to hook it up today - too many meetings as usual.

I joined BHP two weeks after James was born.  Now he's 20 and I'm as old as dirt.  I've enjoyed the time, both in London and here, and I expect to see in my 25 year anniversary but hopefully there won't be a 30th.

Back to more important matters - I'm signed up for this weekend's organised ride, the Frost Bike 50.  Paddy and Dave are riding too but I don't plan to try and keep with them.  I'll probably ride the 55 mile course, depending on conditions.  

Still no showers at work, but I noticed that one of the other bike commuters rode today.  He obviously doesn't care about being a little whiffy at work.

No comments:

Bear Creek - Terry Hershey loop

Bear Creek - Terry Hershey loop

Daily commute to work

Daily commute to work
This isn't quite right but it's close. 9.5 miles, about 40 minutes.

Terry Hershey Park

Terry Hershey Park
10 miles of safe, paved cycling bliss - except for all the foot traffic

The Sealy ride

The Sealy ride
45 miles through very pretty Texas countryside. Looks benign but there's a very hilly section at mile 35.

The Katy ride

The Katy ride
It's on the Katy prairie - flat, flat, flat